My photo
Sheridan, IN, United States
I love to do things that make me smile... Even more so, I love to do things that make others smile.

Friday, May 28, 2010

The Days of Our Chickens' Lives - Podcast

Today I learned about podcasting. In the past, I have listened to podcasts for classes and for fun but this was my first opportunity to create my own. Podcasts are a unique way to add additional material to a lesson plan that does not require additional reading. It can be fun for students to utilize. As I have learned through this experience, podcasts are also a great way to share a story or information alongside some pictures whether it is for educational purposes or just for fun.


I tried to use Gcast to start but received a message stating that the program was no longer allowing new users or posts. I glanced through a few other links and settled on Yodio. Its simple format, step by step directions, and extensive help options allowed for me as a beginner to make a podcast with limited difficulty. I was hesitant to use my phone to do the audio recording but the option proved to be safe and effective. I did not see the option to record directly through a computer unless you already had an audio file saved.


I found that preparing an outline of my pictures and voice prompts before starting to upload and record helped the process to run smooth. Other than that, just clicking on the link was the best way to start.


I enjoyed this project and I hope that you enjoy the results. Please click on the link to view The Days of Our Chickens' Lives.

5 comments:

  1. Susan, that was AMAZING! For a first-timer, you made it look and sound so simple. Thanks too for sharing about your chickens. It really was very interesting, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed that! I don't think I'd ever have the courage to raise chickens, but it sounds like it might be kind of fun! I used Yodio too, and I thought it was fun to put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the part about Sammy not knowing what to do about the chickens lol. That was a very well done podcast. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had much the same experience as you, trying to use Gcast just to be disappointed. Then being relented to use my phone, knowing that there was a way to do it through my laptop. But using my phone, as you said, proved to be safe and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan I LOVE you Yodio. I like how you had pictures from different ages of the chickens. From the video it looks like they have a wonderful place to live and some really good owners :)

    ReplyDelete